In 1988, the National Association of Mortgage Field Services was created by a handful of professionals throughout the mortgage field services industry. The original intent of the Association was to provide its membership with a cohesive voice with investors and others integral to the industry. Since its inception, the Association has expanded upon its initial objectives to include:
- Nurturing the Mortgage Real Estate Field Service system
- Improving and expanding the performance of its members
- Encouraging sound and ethical business practices among its members
- Conducting research in field service techniques that improve the effectiveness of its members
- Informing its members of changes in mortgage laws and practices as well as pending legislation that affects their service
- Sponsoring meetings and educational programs
- Cooperating with public and private agencies in the establishment of sound field service practices
The Association has grown in correlation with the industry to include approximately 450 member companies. There are a variety of membership types available enabling the Association to:
- Provide members with potential service opportunities
- Bridge the divide between National and Regional companies
- Connect members with companies supplying the required products and materials
NAMFS Members are also given the chance to participate in several events throughout the year. The highlight of which is the National Conference held each fall. Members converge at this annual event to take part in training sessions, opportunity expos, industry round-tables and social events.
NAMFS remains the oldest and largest trade association within the industry today.